Essential Oils are pure and powerful aromatic extracts of plants produced through steam distillation, cold pressing or solvent extraction. Hundreds to thousands of pounds of plant material are necessary to produce just a small quantity of essential oil, rendering essential oils many times more concentrated than their whole-plant counterparts.
The uses of essential oils are limitless. At Lunaroma we empower you with the ideas, education, knowledge and inspiration to help you get the most of your oils, and our products.
Please dilute essential oils instead of applying “neat” or undiluted to the skin. Essential oils should only be applied directly to the skin in cases of first aid, and acute conditions. E.g. using Lavender or Tea Tree oils, and even then, they can cause sensitivity to certain individual’s skin.
We educate our clients to use a “carrier” or “base” oil to dilute essential oils for skin application. By diluting the essential oils for massage, bath, body or perfume oil, the essential oil’s scent will stay on your skin longer, as the base oil helps to inhibit evaporation. The carrier oil will usually render the blend gentle enough for topical application. We encourage you to do research on the Lunaroma website and using other reliable sources when diluting essential oils in order for you to be confident about a proper dilution proportion.
Diluted applications may also irritate very sensitive skin. Always do a small patch test of diluted essential oil on the inner arm and cover with tape or a small bandage for 24 hours before applying elsewhere on the body.
Please do not take essential oils internally unless under the supervision of an expert and qualified practitioner. Many essential oils are not appropriate or safe to ingest under any circumstance.
Aromatic Suggestions for Essential Oil Use
- For use in an aromatherapy diffuser, please add the appropriate drops as suggested in the user manual.
- Tap one drop onto the palm of your hand, rub your palms together, cup over nose and inhale deeply.
- Add a few drops to a tissue and place in your pillowcase for an aromatic night’s sleep.
- Add a few drops to a tissue and tuck into the vent of your car. Turn on the heat or AC and diffuse pure aromatherapy into your driving experience.
- Add a few drops to unscented lotion, body or bath oil to bring aromatherapy to your personal care routine.